Insufficient data for inclusion in State Historic Resource Inventory (TL) Individually listed on National Register no. 04001461 The historic John Palmer House is a center-chimney cape and dates back to its construction in 1790. It is located in the town of Lisbon, a mile south of the border of the neighboring town of Canterbury. Set atop a hill on the northern side of North Burnham Highway (route 169), the Palmer House is positioned at an angle to this scenic highway, facing south. Vineyards were planted in 1996 and they occupy six of the total 37 acres. The acreage contains woodlands and three ponds. Two barns occupy the property and sit east of the antique home. The forward barn was rebuilt in 1992 upon a 1938 brick and stone foundation and is used for grape pressing, fermentation, and storage. The barn to the rear is larger and was constructed in 1994, housing the farm equipment. Centrally located a short distance behind the residence is a 1940’s milk house, a structure from the earlier dairy farm. It is a single story structure with a gable roof and clapboard walls. - RC http://www.heritagetrail.com/Heritage_Trail_Cafe_and_Vineyard/Heritage_Contact.html
864 s.f.- barn 2 528 s.f. (c. 1994)
Cunningham, Jan, John Palmer John House National Register Nomination No. 04001461, National Park Service, 2004.
Additional field notes by Rachel Carley - 11/12/12.